Title: Delirium Author: Lauren Oliver
Year: 2011
Publisher: Ediciones SM
ISBN: 9788467547337
Pages: 448
Format: Softcover
Age: 13 to 18 years
Synopsis:
A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable and happy. So when the people of this city XXII century are 18 years old, undergo surgery, which involves removal Part of the brain that controls emotions. Lena currently waiting impatiently, until one day he falls in love ...
love story in a society where love is considered disease, love Deliria nervosa. U.S. authorities "protect" their people from contracting the deadly disease to avoid catastrophe. Beyond the boundaries guarded by the State is the Savage Land, where people live who have escaped or who refused to be operated to eradicate the evil of their lives.
When they turn 18, boys and girls are operated. Have previously had an examination and interview, they receive a grade. According to this, we send the data from potential candidates and spouses, according to the choice of every person see who you match it. Such is life for all and should be everyone's life. They marry, then to study if they had a high note, with children, care for them as saying the HSS Manual
... Reading the situation found, the total government control, I can not relate this book in the trilogy, The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins. All these tell of the lives of oppressed societies, rights-cut. For Delirium, people have an ID, a number that backs them up U.S. records.
Despite the similarities shared by both societies, Collins and Oliver, there are features that make their own. In Panem, the government has divided the population into districts and hide the transgressions that are given, showing a false reality. There are some rules that people must meet, rules that society has so ingrained that they do not think refute the orders they receive, with some exceptions.
In my opinion, the society of Delirium goes beyond this. Have made people believe that love has always been destructive, have focused as an evil that, if he gets into them, will lead to madness, death. And only that they consent to have been operated, is more willing and look forward to the day of its operation (the case of Lena, the protagonist). Taking away the love, make sure not even thought of wanting something better for them, for them. Remove the hopes, feelings, and master, something like Divide and conquer. And it's true. Da resignation so sad to see people happy to do the same every day, to have a husband or wife alone to raise a family and educate children in what he says the famous Manual.
I do not know how to face Brian when they come back inside. I do not know how I can face never to him. Come to my mind a thousand things horrible insults that I would let go: "At least, I do not look like a tapeworm," or "Did you ever have Ocurris that what you have allergies is to life?" . Lena
Haloway, as I mentioned above, is the protagonist. Since little has suffered because his mother committed suicide, presumably by not supporting the three operations had been done against the "disease" and the fourth one would have. Hence, society will look to her and her entire family under the lens of the word "suicide."
I love you. Remember. That can not take it off.
fears inheriting the "folly" of his mother. She and her sister Rachel were received by Aunt Carol, who took charge of maintaining them. His deep appreciation takes to help around the house with everything you need, until something changes, someone comes to give a different view of the world, to stop feeling a lot more of, to admire the beauty of Hana and her friend complain of physical ...
The cover is beautiful. In the English translation has changed the blue color of the American version of a brown. Behind the letters, as captured by the disease, love Deliria nervosa, is the sad face of a girl.
The characters are very interesting, different from other books. Lena is a girl who likes to run, is quite shy with the boys, Hana is admired by all, does not go unnoticed when walking down the street and has an impressive safety and an enormous capacity for lying. I'd rather stay here to say no more about the plot, then very well known to others.
The plot is fantastic. Mix some things and is a part that seems that are going off, but returns quickly and picks up the story. The end, I am sure, will intrigued everyone who reads the book. Be like me, and I hope the next part.
Writing is also entertaining, with amusing dialogues. The only thing that appears a little too is the use of similes, it is rare not to find a "how" in each description ... Moreover, all very good.
One aspect that caught my attention is the way modify authorities biblical texts, the meaning of some books, etc., To convince the population of the danger if they "develop the disease if they love.
But I have a secret. Although build walls that reach the sky, I find a way to fly over them. While trying to catch me with hundreds of weapons, I will find a way to resist. And there are many like me out there, more than you think. People who refuse to disbelieve. People who refuse to return to earth. People who love in a world without walls, people who love against hate, against the rejection, fear against hope.
I love you. Remember. That can not take it off.
I highly recommend the book, do not be disappointed with this story.
0 comments:
Post a Comment